Using Moodle allows lots of inexpensive hosting options.
Some districts host their DL Moodle themselves, while others prefer a separate hosting service. The main reason for choosing a separate hosting service is that keeping a server running 24/7/365 can sometimes be impractical for a school district (especially during holidays and weekends). Professional hosting companies, on the other hand, find efficient ways to keep things running 24/7/365 (it's their specialty).
If you choose to use a hosting service, we can recommend the following:
- KnowPlace is an official Moodle Partner who uses the most cost efficient servers available.
- KnowPlace has experience working with TwoStoryRobot (they supply SMS2 hosting)
- A "you host & we support" option is available.
- For more information about the KnowPlace hosting packages click here.
- contact: email: email@example.com, phone: 604.685.5100
- Open School also has a long history of hosting in BC.
- OSBC offers Moodle hosting packages.
- For more information about the OSBC hosting packages click here.