- If you wish to start your Moodle site fresh at any point (perhaps in summer), your choices are:
a) delete what you can through Moodle (which maintains all accounts, submitted files, logs,...etc) and watch your site grow each year.
b) start a completely new site (having to restore all courses, groups, themes, accounts, settings....etc).
c) use our new tools to reset your site.
- If you wish to reset your SMS for a new year, you can do that too (keeping your other settings).
- If you wish to change the passwords in a course, it means entering each quiz/test and changing the settings. Not if you use our new "Set Passwords" tool!
- Remember that if a teacher wishes to send a weekly progress report, it can be done with the custom plugin called "BCLN Progress Report" (formerly bclnemail) which adds a grade table to your message from the Moodle gradebook. These progress reports can also go to parents and/or counsellors. This makes for a great "weekly update."
- A new Moodle plugin ("Activity Reminder") will be ready in September which will allow you to "remind" students based on their lack of activity or logins. For example, a student would automatically receive a teacher's custom message if not submitting an activity for 10,20,30 days OR a different custom message if not logging into your course for 10,20,30 days.